Northern Technologies International Corporation Reports Increased Sales And Earnings For Fiscal 2010
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northern Technologies International Corporation (Nasdaq:NTIC) today reported its financial results for the year ended August 31, 2010.
- NTIC's consolidated net sales increased 67.8% to $14,386,764 during fiscal 2010 compared to $8,575,308 during fiscal 2009.
- NTIC's consolidated net sales for fiscal 2010 included $1,925,819 of sales made by NTIC's joint venture in Brazil, of those sales, $774,928 in sales were made to the oil and gas industry sector in Brazil. NTIC has consolidated the financial results of Zerust Brazil in NTIC's consolidated financial statements for fiscal 2010 and will continue to do so going forward.
- Net income was $2,607,927, or $0.61 per diluted common share, for fiscal 2010.
NTIC's consolidated net sales increased 67.8% during fiscal 2010 compared to fiscal 2009. This increase was primarily a result of increased sales of ZERUST ® rust and corrosion inhibiting packaging products and services and sales to NTIC's joint ventures and the consolidation of Zerust Brazil on NTIC's consolidated financial statements. During fiscal 2010, 96.0% of NTIC's consolidated net sales were derived from sales of ZERUST ® products and services, which increased 72.4% to $13,814,101 during fiscal 2010 compared to $8,013,196 during fiscal 2009 due to increased demand primarily as a result of the economic recovery, to some extent, of the domestic manufacturing sector, the addition of new customers and the consolidation of Zerust Brazil.
NTIC experienced a significant increase in sales orders from existing customers during the second, third and fourth quarters of fiscal 2010 compared to the same periods in fiscal 2009. NTIC has focused its sales efforts of ZERUST ® products and services by strategically targeting customers with specific corrosion issues in new market areas, including the oil and gas industry and other industrial sectors that offer sizable growth opportunities."We continue to make solid progress in developing the international market for the Company's corrosion protection technologies and services targeted at the Oil & Gas sector," said G. Patrick Lynch, President and Chief Executive Officer of NTIC. "In the last twelve months we have received strong endorsements regarding the technical efficacy of our Flange Saver™ products from both Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – "Petrobras" (NYSE: PBR) in Brazil as well as Petróleos Mexicanos "PEMEX" in Mexico. We have also commenced extensive technical field trials in the United States with some of the largest off-shore rig operators in the world, as well as at both Russian and Singaporean client sites."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV