NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors looking for a broader sustainability benchmark get their wish at the end of November when Dow Jones Indexes and SAM, a firm that specializes in sustainability investing, launch a new index.
The Dow Jones Sustainability World Enlarged Index will track the performance of 20% of the most sustainable companies of the 2,500 largest companies in the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index. The new index will have 513 components and a market cap of $11.5 trillion, as of mid-November. Key holdings include Procter & Gamble (PG), IBM (IBM), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), General Electric (GE) and Chevron (CVX).
Rodrigo Amandi, managing director of SAM Indexes, said the DJSI World Enlarged was prompted by investor demand.
"SAM Indexes has repeatedly received inquiries for a more extensive investment universe from institutional investors managing sustainability portfolios," he said in a statement.The new index will be reviewed annually. As is the case with the entire family of Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes, SAM evaluates companies based on a economic, environmental and social performance. -- Written by Melinda Peer in New York. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Melinda Peer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/mpeer_greennews. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV