Wendy A. Watson, Citizens Financial Group Board Member (Photo: Business Wire)
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG) today announced that Wendy A. Watson has been elected to its Board of Directors. Watson, a former business line CEO and active board member with more than 30 years experience in the financial services industry, also was elected to the RBS Citizens, N.A. and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania boards of directors.
“We are proud to welcome Wendy to CFG’s Board of Directors,” said CFG and RBS Americas Chairman and CEO Ellen Alemany. “Wendy’s executive leadership, global banking expertise and board directorship experience will serve our organization well as we continue to build upon CFG’s commitment to being a responsible corporate leader engaged in the community.”
Watson is a former Executive Vice President, Global Services at State Street Bank & Trust Company, a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors. She joined State Street in 2000 as the Managing Director, Investment Manager Solutions. In that role, she designed and built a business to $2 trillion after State Street took over the servicing of global investment managers middle-office processing.
Watson also led the bank’s Global Cost Leadership program and reduced annual operating expenses by $800 million. Before joining State Street, Watson was a senior vice president, Global Private Banking & Trust at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. Prior to that Watson was President & CEO, CIBC Finance.At Confederation Life Insurance Company in Toronto, she was Vice President and Chief Information Officer responsible for its technology strategy implementation across the company’s worldwide footprint. She was also responsible for internal audit, security and administrative services. Watson began her career at Sun Life Assurance Company as a staff auditor. She worked her way up to Assistant Vice President, Internal Audit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV