MINNEAPOLIS (Stockpickr) -- Without knowing any better, one could look at the market returns for the past week and think that nothing much happened. A fractional net loss for the period masked significant volatility that traders could exploit for quick profits.
In reality, there was much going on, much of it confounding to the so-called experts. Stocks traded down hard one day and up significantly another. The rest of the time was spent recovering, not knowing which way we were headed.
For those looking for clues, my earnings preview can serve as playbook for the week ahead. In fact, last week one of our suggested plays would have netted double-digit gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV