Stocks Finish Mixed as Tech Rallies
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks finished Monday mixed as a recovery in tech and small-cap stocks in the final hour of trading supported a healthy bounce off session-lows.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished down 25 points, or 0.2%, at 11,179. Earlier in the session, the blue-chip index was off more than 100 points, scraping a low of 11,054. The S&P 500 dipped 2 points, or 0.1%, to 1197 while the Nasdaq Composite staged a strong comeback in the second half of the session to finish higher by 14 points, or 0.5%, at 2532.
Stocks began Monday on a weak note as investors worried that the eurozone debt crisis might spread beyond Ireland.Investors were also feeling jittery following reports from the Wall Street Journal that
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV