Attachmate, Diamondback: Hot Trends
(New information on the Attachmate-Novell deal and the Diamondback raid updated in today's Hot Trends article.)
The deal is valued at $6.10 per share and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2011.Novell also announced that it has entered into an agreement to sell some of its intellectual property to CPTN Holdings, a consortium run by rival Microsoft (MSFT), for $450 million in cash.
"Diamondback" is a heavily searched topic today after reports that the Federal Bureau of Investigation began raiding several large hedge funds today as part of an ongoing insider trading probe. The Diamondback Capital Management office, based in Stamford, Conn., is being searched by federal law enforcement. Connecticut-based Level Global Investors is also under investigation. A Bloomberg report said that Diamondback declined to comment while Level Global confirmed that agents were at the firm's address. Both hedge funds were founded by former employees of Steven Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors, according to a Wall Street Journal report. ***
Oil prices" is a hot search topic today as the price of oil increased to above $82 a barrel on Ireland's plans to accept a bailout package from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund to bolster its banking system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV