Citi Trends Announces Third Quarter 2010 Results
Citi Trends, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTRN) today reported results for the third quarter of fiscal 2010.
Financial Highlights – Third quarter ended October 30, 2010
Total sales in the third quarter ended October 30, 2010 increased 10.0% to $140.0 million compared with $127.4 million in the third quarter ended October 31, 2009. Comparable store sales decreased 4.2% in the third quarter. A net loss of $394,000 was recognized in this year’s third quarter compared with net income of $606,000 in the third quarter of 2009. Loss per diluted share was $(0.03) in the third quarter of 2010 compared with earnings per diluted share of $0.04 in the third quarter of 2009.
Store activity in the third quarter of 2010 included 33 new openings and 5 relocations/expansions, resulting in a total store count of 458 at the end of the quarter.Financial Highlights – First three quarters ended October 30, 2010 Total sales in the first three quarters of fiscal 2010 increased 17.9% to $450.5 million compared with $382.1 million in the same period of fiscal 2009. Comparable store sales increased 2.2% in the first three quarters of this year. Net income increased 35.7% to $11.5 million compared with $8.5 million in last year’s first three quarters. Earnings per diluted share increased to $0.79 in the first three quarters of 2010 compared with $0.58 in the same period of 2009. Fiscal 2010 Outlook The Company estimates that 2010 earnings will be in a range of $1.50 to $1.60 per diluted share which includes an anticipated comparable store sales decrease of 1% to 4% in the fourth quarter of 2010. The effective tax rate for 2010 is expected to be in a range of 34% to 35%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV