RealD (RLD), whose 3-D technology was used in the budget-busting movie Avatar, had a successful IPO in July.
The company, based in Beverly Hills, Calif., priced its offering at $16, versus the expected range of $13 to $15.Shares of RealD, currently trading at about $25.60, have increased more than 33% since their first day of trading. RealD generates revenue from theater owners, who pay the company a license fee for using its technology. As of September, RealD had deployed around 9,300 screens with 3D-enabled technology around the globe, more than movie theater giants Regal Entertainment (RGC) and Cinemark (CNK). BMO Capital markets analyst Jeffrey Logsdon raised RealD's 9-to-15 month price target to $32, writing in a recent note: "RealD's expected rapid revenue growth, high and expanding operating margin, high returns on invested capital, and robust global market share should deliver impressive earnings and free cash flow for the foreseeable future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV