Business intelligence software company Qlik Technologies (QLIK) launched a successful public offering in July, back when the markets were recovering after a steep U.S. market plunge. Based in Radnor, Pa., the company priced above its range at $10 a share and rose 20% on its first day of trading.
Shares of QlikTech are up more than 100% since the IPO.Last year, QlikTech generated revenue of $157.4 million and analysts expect full year sales of almost $214 million in 2010. J.P. Morgan analyst John DiFucci recently raised the stock's December 2011 price target to $29 from $22; the stock is trading at about $26.20. "We believe Qlik's unique approach to business analytics, which leverages recent computing advances, will continue to drive outsized growth in an already attractive business intelligence market," he wrote. QlikTech was founded in Sweden in 1993, and backed by venture investors Accel Partners and Jerusalem Venture Partners. The company's software competes with business software products created by IBM (IBM), SAP (SAP), Microsoft (MSFT) and Oracle (ORCL). Customers include Campbell Soup (CPB), Qualcomm (QCOM) and Kraft Foods (KFT).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV