New or Classic, Steakhouse Stock Stays Strong
By Lacey Tisch-Sidney for TravelsinTaste
There is no shortage of beef here! Whether it's an old-school joint or upscale restaurant, steakhouses remain all the rage, as they have for more than 100 years. There is a substantial difference between the original houses that became popular in the late 1800s and the new-wave steak joints, though, including Michael Jordan's and Strip House, which have emerged and flourished during a time of revolutionary cuisine.
More From TravelsinTaste
|CUT: A Cut Above the Rest|
|Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.: Sumptuous Steaks|
|Strip House: A Sexy Steakhouse Like No Other in Manhattan|
The establishment carnivore cathedrals are Peter Luger's, P.J. Clarke's, The Palm and Keens, where the menus -- prominently displaying at least four types of dry-aged beef -- might as well bear the slogan "Show off the beef." Lugers' advertises proudly that its USDA prime beef is dry-aged in its own aging box, and Keens' steaks are similarly hand-picked and dry-aged on the premises.
|The Strip House in Las Vegas, designed by David Rockwell, includes art noir photographs expertly shot by Studio Manasse in Vienna in the early 1900s.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV