NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Earnings matter," were Jim Cramer's words of wisdom to the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Friday, as he told investors to not be blinded by macroeconomic news, and instead focus on the stocks that are doing exceptionally well.
Cramer said the strength in U.S. markets today was due to earnings finally being too good to ignore. He said while the rest of the world sold off on China's half point interest rate hike, U.S. stocks were on a tear based on good old fashioned earnings and takeover speculation.So what's in store for next week's game plan? Cramer said he'll be watching Hewlett Packard (HPQ) on Monday for a read on the tech sector. Will HP be another Cisco (CSCO), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, or another Salesforce.com (CRM)? On Tuesday, Cramer's attention turns toward J.Crew (JCG), a retailer in no man's land since it reported a bleak outlook last quarter. Cramer said he'd be a buyer if the stock goes lower, as 2011 should be a great year for the company. Cramer said he'll also be watching Cracker Barrel (CBRL) on Tuesday, hoping it goes lower so investors can get in at a better price. He'll also have an eye on John Deere (DE) on Wednesday, as that stock will likely go lower on the company's historically downbeat conference calls. Finally, Cramer said the Federal Reserve minutes to be released on Wednesday will pressure stocks. He told investors to keep their shopping lists ready to pounce on any bargains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV