U.S. Mint, Propoxyphene: Hot Trends
This is up from September when iOS made up 46% of traffic and Android accounted for 29%.
Apple remains the No. 1 device manufacturer in Millennial Media's advertising network with a 25% share.
"Bankruptcy" is a popular search topic today after a study showed that the number of Americans aged 65 and older declaring bankruptcy is on the rise. The study conducted by John Pottow, a law professor at the University of Michigan Law School, showed that by 2007, 7% of those filing for bankruptcy were 65 or older, up from 4% in 2001. Professor Pottow said that more than 66% of those 65 and older who filed for bankruptcy blamed credit cards for their financial problems. "They're using credit cards as a maladaptive coping mechanism," Pottow said. The research also showed that about 40% of adults were still struggling with medical bills after they filed for bankruptcy. The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on Google, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV