(Story updated with Heinz earnings and premarket share price changes)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Heinz (HNZ) shares were down 4 cents, or less than 1%, to $48.15 after it reported that second-quarter profit grew 8.5% to $251.4 million, or 78 cents a share, from $231.4 million, or 73 cents a share, the prior year. Sales fell by 1.2% to $2.61 billion.
Salesforce.com (CRM) shares have jumped 9% to $126.20 in premarket trading after the company projected fourth-quarter sales that topped analysts' forecasts. The company is targeting revenue of $447 million to $449 million vs. the $410.5 million consensus estimate.
Dell (DELL) rose 3% to $14.07 in premarket trading after the company said third-quarter net income surged by 144% to $822 million thanks to lower PC component costs and more post-recession IT upgrades. Adjusted earnings per share was 45 cents, which easily beat the consensus forecast. The company also raised its full-year earnings forecast.
Cisco's (CSCO) stock was up 1.2% to $19.85 after the company said it would buy back an additional $10 billion in common stock.
A-Power Energy (APWR) was down 4.5% to $5.90 in premarket trading as it postponed its third-quarter earnings call originally scheduled for Thursday without going into why. However, the company did say the postponement had nothing to do with accounting irregularities.
Amgen (AMGN) stock was up 0.8% to $55.60 after its osteoporosis drug denosumab for cancer patients was approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV