NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets rode the momentum Thursday from GM's stirring return and the improved financial outlook for Ireland.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 173.35, or 1.57%, to 11, 181.23 and the S&P 500 added 18.10, or 1.54%, to 1,196.69. The Nasdaq jumped 38.39, or 1.55%, to 2,514.40.
Guy Adami said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that Dell (DELL) was moving higher in afterhours trading after a strong earnings report, including a gross margin of 19.5%. He said the stock could break out if it rises above $14.50.
Joe Terranova said it was interesting to note that Dell reported a 27% increase in government spending, an area that was weak in Cisco's (CSCO) earnings. He said that led him to believe that Cisco's public sector spending woes were specific to itself.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV