NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors need to see through the smokescreen of negativity, Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday. He said those who took advantage of Tuesday's big selloff, profited handsomely today.
Cramer said Tuesday's market decline was spawned by concerns over debt in Ireland and a decline in oil prices. But in the fog of the panic, everything got taken lower, even stocks that have nothing to do with either. "What does Target (TGT) care about Ireland?" asked Cramer.In reality, Tuesday was a fabulous day for Cramer's "FADS CAN" group of high- growth names. Cramer said between Tuesday's low and today's highs, the gains in the FADS CAN stock were remarkable: F5 Networks (FFIV), up six points.
Apple (AAPL), an Action Alerts PLUS stock, up nine points.
Deckers (DECK), up three points.
Salesforce.com (CRM), up 15 points.
Amazon.com (AMZN), up seven points.
Netflix (NFLX), up eight points. Only Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) was down this week, and Cramer said he'd be buying that one hand over fist. Cramer encouraged viewers to always have a shopping list ready of stocks they'd like to buy. Then, when the market puts those stocks on sale, be ready to pounce. "See through the smoke," said Cramer, "and take advantage of the selloffs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV