(Sirius XM article updated to include additional comments from CFO David Frear and a company representative).
After presenting at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch conference today, a reporter asked Frear if there was anything to look for that may indicate whether Stern would be renewing his contract. Frear responded by asking the reporter, "Do you subscribe?"
When the reporter told him no Frear said, "Well you should get one this afternoon and listen to the show. He'll tell you."A Sirius XM spokesperson offered no clarification on Frears' remarks and would only say that Stern is not on live in the afternoon -- which implies that Stern will issue no comment, and that Frear was merely speaking flippantly. Stern is approaching the final month of his five-year, $500 million contract with the company.
"Howard Stern has unique content," said Frear today at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch conference. "He could choose to go somewhere else." -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV