Verigy, LTX-Credence to Merge
Under the terms of the agreement, Verigy and LTX-Credence will become subsidiaries of Holdco, a newly created subsidiary, or LTX-Credence would become a unit of Verigy.
LTX-Credence shareholders will receive a fixed exchange ratio of 0.96 a share of Verigy stock.
The deal is valued at roughly between $420 million to $440 million."By joining forces, we expect the combined scale to strengthen our global presence" for semiconductor test systems, Verigy said in a statement Thursday. Verigy shares closed Wednesday at $8.91; LTX-Credence shares finished at $5.98. The companies expect the merger to close in the first half of 2011. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV