"We now look for Paragon to report 2010 earnings per share of 39 cents (from 33 cents) and
Diana Shipping (DSX) lost 0.9% Wednesday.
Diana posted third-quarter net income of $33.8 million this week, up 17.8% from a profit of $28.7 million in the third quarter of 2009.
Like FreaSeas, Euroseas (ESEA) swung to a quarterly loss. The shipper posted lower revenue and hedging benefits, and said rates continued to soften.Euroseas posted a smaller-than-expected loss but revenue came in shy of expectations. The drybulk carrier saw its shares close 1.7% lower on Wednesday. Earlier this week DryShips, announced it finally got a long term contract for one of its energy-exploration vessels. DryShips said it received a "letter of agreement" from an unnamed U.S. oil company to explore for energy off the coast of West Africa for 300 days, which is atypical in length; most charters have a longer term. >>DryShips Jumps on DrillShips Deal The contract, DryShips said, is worth $135 million. That translates into a rate of $425,000 a day, not including the cost of moving the ship to West Africa, which is "in line with recent contract awards," wrote Omar Nokta, a shipping analyst at the investment house Dalhman Rose, in a note to clients Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV