Emerging Market Picks, From Banking to Beer
Japanese stocks have been under pressure because of the appreciating yen, but you like a motor and disc-drive company called Nidec (NJ).
Moffett: Nidec is the dominant manufacturer of the little disc drives that go into Apple (AAPL) products and other computer manufacturers. They also make motors for the auto industry. You don't think about it, but there are around 40 little motors in every car, moving the seats and wiggling the mirrors and such. And Nidec is an incredibly well-run company. They bought Emerson Electric's (EMR) motor business and are trying to buy GE's (GE). That's where they see the growth.
-- Reported by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV