Technical Setups: Winn-Dixie, Regal-Beloit
BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Details on GM's IPO are the day's big market news, attracting attention from major financial outlets and from retail investors eager to get in on an offering of the Detroit auto giant's shares. On Thursday, shares of GM will begin trading again on the NYSE and TSX in one of the highest-profile IPOs of the year.
It's also one of the most popular. Estimates suggest that GM's share offering is 8 times oversubscribed and that the company is offering 30% more shares as a result.
That bullish anticipation could be a good thing for the market overall, given the S&P 500's current positioning right above key support levels. Thursday could help spark the next leg of this sentiment rally. For that reason, it makes sense to look at three technical setups that could benefit from increased market action.Technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's chart patterns and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>Also: 3 Stocks Setting Up for a Breakout Here's a look at this week's potential trades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV