Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Investigating Possible Securities Law Violations At MELA Sciences, Inc.
Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC is investigating potential claims on behalf of purchasers of the securities of MELA Sciences, Inc.(“MELA” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:MELA - News), concerning whether the company has violated federal securities laws by issuing false and misleading statement to shareholder concerning MELA’s melanoma detection device MelaFind.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration cast doubt on MelaFind, stating that “[t]he FDA review team has significant concerns this device has not been studied adequately for its current indication for use and therefore puts the health of the public at risk.” In particular, FDA reviewers were concerned about the device’s accuracy rate and have recommended that an additional study be conducted. On this news shares of medical device maker MELA closed down over 54% for the day, to $2.92 per share.
If you are aware of any facts relating to this investigation, or purchased shares of MELA, you can assist this investigation by contacting either Peretz Bronstein or Eitan Kimelman of Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC at 212-697-6484 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who inquire by e-mail are encouraged to include their mailing address and telephone number.
Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC is a corporate litigation boutique. Our primary expertise is the aggressive pursuit of litigation claims on behalf of our clients. In addition to representing institutions and other investor plaintiffs in class action security litigation, the firm’s expertise includes general corporate work, private securities offerings, and securities arbitration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV