NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets were mixed today as investors awaited GM's IPO.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 15.62, or 0.14%, to 11, 007.88 while the S&P 500 gained 0.25, or 0.02%, to 1,178.59. The Nasdaq added 6.17, or 0.25%, to 2,476.07.
CNBC reporter Kate Kelly provided more details on GM's IPO on the "Fast Money" TV show. She said the vast majority of the order book went to investors in North America, with 10% going overseas. She said the retail allocation was higher by dollar value than the Visa (V) IPO.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV