By David Sterman
We're now in a "stock picker's market." The major averages are now moving sideways after a sustained two-month upward move, which means that stock selection becomes ever more crucial.
In this kind of trading environment, it pays to see what's working. Insights into why certain stocks are sharply rising while most stocks stay in a range can help sharpen your understanding of investor psychology and sector catalysts.
With that in mind, here's a look at four small cap stocks (members of the Russell 2000 Index) that have risen at least 50% in the past month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV