BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- For billionaire hedge fund manager Louis Bacon, managing money is a family business. That's because he's related to Julian Robertson, the man behind Tiger Management, a billionaire in his own right, and one of the most well-respected minds in the hedge fund world.
But that's where the similarities end.
Unlike Tiger Management, where investments are selected using a traditional fundamental approach, Bacon uses a global macro strategy in his firm, Moore Capital Management, which has proven incredibly successful over the years. Essentially, a global macro strategy eschews traditional stock-picking metrics, instead favoring attributes such as economic indicators and market trends.In more than two decades of operating, Moore's funds have been perennial top performers and among of the most sought-after hedge funds for investors, growing total assets under management to an estimated $15 billion. >>Also: 20 Stocks With Big Insider Selling So, then, what stocks are Bacon's funds investing in? Here's a glimpse at four positions disclosed in his firm's latest quarterly SEC filing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV