NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In a big departure from its Net search business, Google (GOOG) took a deep plunge into women's fashion Wednesday with the launch of Boutiques.com, a highly personalized search and sales site.
Boutiques is a relaunch of so-called visual search shop Like.com, which Google acquired in August. The site attempts to organize goods by styles, colors, sizes, themes that suit a user's tastes.
By partnering with celebrity designers and "taste makers," Google's Boutiques attempts to bring social networking and image-based search techniques to current fashion trends.
>To contact this writer, click here: Scott Moritz, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To follow Scott on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/MoritzDispatch. >To send a tip, email: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV