By David Sterman
It's been a tough year for Chinese stocks that trade in the United States. Many of them have sold off -- and stayed cheap --- even as they sport impressive growth rates and low valuations. Thanks to a sharp drop last week on renewed concerns about an overheating economy, these cheap stocks have become even cheaper.
To be sure, the Chinese economy faces hurdles on its path to higher gross domestic product. (Read 5 Landmines for Chinese Stocks in 2011).
Nevertheless, even as investors stay focused on near-term challenges the long-term opportunities remain as robust as ever, a message perhaps lost when you look at the stock charts of many China-based firms, a number of which are now off more than 40% from their 52-week highs.I've pulled together a short list of beaten-down names. Let's take a closer look at some potential rebound candidates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV