Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Reports Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results
Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co., Ltd (NYSE: CCSC) (“Country Style Cooking” or the “Company”), a fast-growing quick service restaurant chain in China, today announced unaudited financial results for the third quarter of 2010.
Third Quarter 2010 Financial Highlights
- Revenues in the third quarter of 2010 were RMB209.2 million ($31.3 million), an increase of 46.9% from RMB142.4 million in the same quarter of 2009.
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 7.8% compared to the same quarter of 2009.
- Net income was RMB21.0 million ($3.1 million), an increase of 24.2% from RMB16.9 million in the comparable period of 2009. Non-GAAP net income, which excludes share-based compensation expenses of RMB1.8 million, was RMB22.8 million ($3.4 million), an increase of 34.9% from RMB16.9 million in the corresponding period of 2009.
- Diluted earnings per American depositary share (“ADS”) and non-GAAP diluted earnings per ADS were RMB1.00 ($0.15) and RMB1.09 ($0.16) respectively. Each ADS represents four ordinary shares of the Company.
Ms. Li Hong, chairman and chief executive officer of Country Style Cooking, commented, “We are very pleased with our third quarter financial results and our first quarter reporting as a public company, as we achieved record quarterly revenues and record table turnovers. Our rapid revenue growth and operational performance in the third quarter of 2010 again demonstrate the strength of our business model and our unique competitive position.”
Ms. Li further commented, “Our excellent performance was a direct result of our continued focus on employee training and customer satisfaction. Because of our successful IPO on the New York Stock Exchange, Country Style Cooking is becoming a household name not only in Chongqing and Sichuan, but in other markets where we operate. Our restaurants are gradually replacing the kitchens of many of our customers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV