OTI Turnaround Continues As Planned. Company Reports Strong First Nine Months 2010 Financial Results With Third Consecutive Quarter Of Non-GAAP Operating Profit
- Revenues Increased by 91% from $22.8 Million to $43.6 Million
- Non GAAP Operating Profit of $4.6 Million
- Gross Margin Increased to 54%
ISELIN, N.J., Nov. 15, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On Track Innovations Ltd.(OTI) (Nasdaq:OTIV), a global leader in contactless microprocessor-based smart card solutions for homeland security, payments, petroleum payments and other applications, today announced that as previously forecasted, its planned turnaround is proceeding apace, with results of operations, revenues and gross margins all increasing substantially during the nine months ended September 30, 2010 while maintaining the same level of operating expenses. The following are various financial figures that compare the first nine months of 2010 to 2009.
- Total revenues of $43.6 million, a 91% increase compared to $22.8 million last year.
- Revenues from Licensing and Transaction Fees of $2.8 million, a 49% increase compared to $1.9 million last year.
- Gross margin increased to 54% vs. 50% last year.
- Non-GAAP operating expenses of $19.0 million, a 9% increase compared to $17.4 million last year. GAAP operating expenses of $22.2 million, a 6% increase compared to $21.0 million last year.
- Non-GAAP operating profit of $4.6 million, compared to non-GAAP operating loss of $6.0 million last year. GAAP operating profit of $1.4 million, compared to GAAP operating loss of $9.6 million last year.
- Strong balance sheet with cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of $26.7 million as of September 30, 2010.
Oded Bashan, Chairman and CEO of OTI, said: "We are proud to report another successful quarter with improved results and solid profitability. The financial results for the first nine months reflect our continuing commitment to, and our successful implementation of, our planned turnaround, and we, therefore, maintain the previously provided revenue guidance for 2010. Our results reflect OTI's unique story -- that of a strong technology company with high growth potential, a proven track record and strong fundamentals."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV