- Revenues Increased by 91% from $22.8 Million to $43.6 Million
- Non GAAP Operating Profit of $4.6 Million
- Gross Margin Increased to 54%
ISELIN, N.J., Nov. 15, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On Track Innovations Ltd.(OTI) (Nasdaq:OTIV), a global leader in contactless microprocessor-based smart card solutions for homeland security, payments, petroleum payments and other applications, today announced that as previously forecasted, its planned turnaround is proceeding apace, with results of operations, revenues and gross margins all increasing substantially during the nine months ended September 30, 2010 while maintaining the same level of operating expenses. The following are various financial figures that compare the first nine months of 2010 to 2009.
- Total revenues of $43.6 million, a 91% increase compared to $22.8 million last year.
- Revenues from Licensing and Transaction Fees of $2.8 million, a 49% increase compared to $1.9 million last year.
- Gross margin increased to 54% vs. 50% last year.
- Non-GAAP operating expenses of $19.0 million, a 9% increase compared to $17.4 million last year. GAAP operating expenses of $22.2 million, a 6% increase compared to $21.0 million last year.
- Non-GAAP operating profit of $4.6 million, compared to non-GAAP operating loss of $6.0 million last year. GAAP operating profit of $1.4 million, compared to GAAP operating loss of $9.6 million last year.
- Strong balance sheet with cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of $26.7 million as of September 30, 2010.
Oded Bashan, Chairman and CEO of OTI, said: "We are proud to report another successful quarter with improved results and solid profitability. The financial results for the first nine months reflect our continuing commitment to, and our successful implementation of, our planned turnaround, and we, therefore, maintain the previously provided revenue guidance for 2010. Our results reflect OTI's unique story -- that of a strong technology company with high growth potential, a proven track record and strong fundamentals."