Law Offices Of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation On Behalf Of Shareholders Of Mediacom Communications Corporation In Connection With A Proposed Going-Private Transaction
Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that it is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Mediacom Communications Corporation (“Mediacom” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:MCCC) related to the Company’s agreement to be acquired by the Company’s founder, Rocco B. Commisso, Mediacom’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (“Commisso”).
Under the definitive merger agreement entered into by the parties, Commisso will acquire all publicly held shares of Mediacom common stock for $8.75 per share in cash. Commisso owns approximately 40% of the Company’s common stock. The transaction is expected to be completed in the first half of 2011. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to consideration of the proposal by Mediacom’s board of directors.
If you own shares of Mediacom, if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Howard G. Smith, Esquire, of Law Offices of Howard G. Smith, 3070 Bristol Pike, Suite 112, Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020 by telephone at (215) 638-4847, Toll Free at (888) 638-4847, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at http://www.howardsmithlaw.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV