Callon Petroleum Company Reports Results For Third Quarter, First Nine Months Of 2010
Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE: CPE) today reported net income of $1.6 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, for the third quarter, and $7.7 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the nine-month period ended September 30, 2010. These results represent three consecutive quarters of improved earnings over the corresponding periods of 2009, during which the company reported a net loss of $1.0 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2009 and net income of $0.5 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, for the nine-month period ended September 30, 2009.
Highlights from the first nine months of 2010 include:
- Drilled and placed on production nine wells in the Permian Basin, increasing our net production in the play by 43% to 500 barrels of oil equivalent per day (Boe/d) and our proved reserves by 2.1 million of barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe). As of September 30, 2010, we were drilling two wells and had two wells awaiting fracture stimulation. With two rigs running in the Permian Basin, the company expects to drill a total of 23 wells in 2010, increasing net production of oil to approximately 750 Boe/d by year-end.
- Completed and placed on production our first operated Haynesville Shale well, which began producing at a restricted flow rate of 10.5 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalent per day (MMcfe/d). This is the first of seven planned Haynesville wells. Through September 30, 2010, a total of 2.3 MMboe have been converted from probable reserves to proved status.
- Total proved reserves based on internal engineering estimates have increased to 13 MMboe as of September 30, 2010, a 34% increase year-to-date.
- The borrowing base on the company’s credit facility was increased 50% to $30 million based on the growth of the company’s proved reserves.
"With the third quarter, we delivered another period of positive execution of our strategic growth plan that we implemented a little more than a year ago,” Fred Callon, Chairman and CEO, points out. “This time last year, we had no onshore oil production. Today we are reporting onshore oil production of 500 net barrels per day, and we have our Haynesville Shale acreage held by production. Our diversification strategy for reinvesting cash flow generated from our offshore deepwater fields into lower-risk onshore oil and shale gas plays has enabled us to increase our long-term visible growth prospects, strengthen our balance sheet and continue growing per-share value.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV