American Learning Corporation Reports Second Quarter Results
American Learning Corporation (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: ALRN) announced revenues of $1,502,806 and a net loss of $365,620 ($.08 net loss per share) for the three months ended September 30, 2010. By comparison, the Company reported revenues of $1,317,905 and a net loss of $353,508 ($.07 net loss per share) for the three months ended September 30, 2009.
During the three and six month periods ended September 30, 2010, revenues increased 14% and 17%, respectively, over the comparable periods in the prior fiscal year as a result of increases in preschool programs and school staffing services.
|Three Months Ended||Six Months Ended|
|Net loss per share - basic and diluted||$||(0.08)||$||(0.07)||$||(0.09)||$||(0.08)|
|Weighted average shares –|
|basic and diluted||4,754,900||4,754,900||4,754,900||4,754,900|
The Company’s business is moderately seasonal based on the school year. Accordingly, revenues recorded during the three months ended September 30, 2010 and 2009, which include two full months during which schools are not in session, reflect the Company’s lowest revenue producing quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV