Allstate is the holding company for Allstate Insurance Company, which is known for its wide range of insurance services. Since January, this stock is actually up slightly, at 0.5, thanks to a September rally. However, since the last week in October, ALL has slid nearly 8% to its current trading price of $30.18. Additionally, ALL missed its last earnings estimate by over 15%. While the stock looked like it was rebounding last month, it appears that Allstate should still be avoided.
Sun Life Financial (SLF)
Sun Life Financial offers a diverse range of life and health insurance, along with investment management, retirement and pension products. Year-to-date, SLF stock has dropped nearly 5%, compared with gains by the broader markets. Also, analysts have downgraded their expectations of SLF's earnings, projecting EPS of 65 cents after the company posted EPS of 79 cents last quarter. SLF stock currently trades at $28.75 with a 52-week range of $23.58 to $33.46.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV