The drilling play reported a loss of one cent on revenue of $14 million. The Street consensus was for revenue of $17 million and a gain of two cents.
Abraxas Petroleum said it won't meet its previous 2010 guidance goal of 15% earnings growth.Abraxas Petroleum shares reached a 52-week high last week. Abraxas shares were down 4% in after-hours trading on Monday. "Due to the timing delays of bringing wells on-line, principally due to the lack of service equipment in the Williston Basin, and the non-core divestiture program, the previously issued guidance is overstated by approximately 15%," the company said At the same time, Abraxas is increasing spending for 2011 to $40 million, a 33% increase over 2010. Approximately 50% of the 2011 budget will be spent on horizontal oil wells in the Bakken/Three Forks and Niobrara plays in the Rocky Mountain region. The other 50% of the spending increase will target conventional oil in the Permian Basin and onshore Gulf Coast regions of the United States and central Alberta in Canada. -- Written by Eric Rosenbaum from New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Eric Rosenbaum. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Eric Rosenbaum. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV