NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Black Friday, the red cape to you shopping bulls, is the day when retailers and gadget makers make their last best offer to get your money and gain some desperately needed market share from equally determined rivals.
Well, the economy still stinks as much as it did last year when TheStreet started this annual Black Friday tech deal roundup. And the desire to get you into the stores for the holidays, or perhaps lure you into service contracts, is just as big this time around.
With that in mind, here are 10 of the sweetest gadget deals being dangled by the biggest players in the sector, presented in discount size order.
No. 10: Apple iTunes
Apple's (AAPL) "stingiest-of-tech-discounters" reputation remains intact this year. Starting the list with the smallest discount, Apple has charitably offered a 20% off deal. But don't get too jazzed; it's for Apple iTunes gift cards.The numbers. Retailers like Costco (COST) and Best Buy (BBY) are selling the $50 Apple iTunes cards for $40, largely in hopes that people will end up standing so close to iPod display that they might consider springing for a bigger purchase. The stock. No surprise, but Apple doesn't play the Black Friday price game. It doesn't need to. With iPhones and iPads flying (Apple will likely sell more than 5 million iPads during the holidays), who needs discounts? The hot gadgets have pushed Apple shares up 50% over the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV