GLTR weights exposure to these four metals in a fixed fashion. Approximately 50% of its portfolio is dedicated to gold while the remaining 50% is spread across silver, platinum and palladium. This is done to ensure that investors maintain exposure to all four metals while at the same time protecting against the volatility inherent in components such as palladium.
Although it is still relatively new to the industry, GLTR has already managed to gain an impressive following and currently trades hands over 100,000 times each day.
DBP and GLTR are designed for investors who remain uncertain about the future of precious metals. By diversifying across a collection of these commodities, investors do not need to worry about whether or not gold outperforms silver or platinum outperforms palladium. Instead, both funds will benefit from general strength across the industry as a whole.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV