Mediacom Hits 52-Week High on Buyout
(Mediacom Buyout article updated with the stock's new 52-week high.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mediacom Communications (MCCC) hit a 52-week high today after it announced that founder, chairman and CEO, Rocco Commisso will take the company private through a $600 million deal.
Mediacom shares spiked almost 25% to reach an annual high of $8.53 this morning. Over 7.8 million shares have traded hands today compared with the stock's average 3-month volume of about 376,000.
According to the agreement, Commisso will acquire the cable television company's outstanding shares at $8.75 a piece. This is up 46% from his offer to take the company private at $6 per share in his initial May 31 proposal.Commisso has been looking to take the company private for months, but the board held off for a higher offer. The deal is expected to be completed in the first half of 2011. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV