Timothy B. Murphy, President & CEO, Investors Capital Holdings, Ltd. (Photo: Business Wire)
Investors Capital Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE Amex: ICH, “the Company”), a financial services holding company, posted second quarter total revenue of $20.43 million for the period ended September 30, 2010 (“the quarter”) compared to total revenue of $18.94 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2009 (“prior period”). The Company operates primarily through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Investors Capital Corporation (“ICC”), a dually registered broker-dealer and investment advisory firm.
Total revenue for the quarter grew by $1.49 million, or 7.9%, compared to the prior period. The increase is due primarily to a rise in commissionable revenues as markets continue to rebound from the recent recession. Commission revenue, which accounts for 81.8% of total revenue, increased 8.8% to $16.72 million. Advisory fees, which account for 15.1% of total revenue, grew 7.6% to $3.09 million. The rise in advisory revenue reflects growth in market asset values, as well as new investment contributions.
“We are pleased to see continued growth in revenues generated by our registered representatives, particularly in our advisory platforms,” said Timothy B. Murphy, the Company’s President and CEO. “Ours is a service business, and by keeping the delivery of 5-star service every day to our advisors forefront in all that we do, our revenue, profitability, and recruiting goals become achievable.”
At quarter end, the firm’s net capital position remained stable at $2.72 million for the quarter (an excess of $2.22 million) with a net capital ratio of 2.78:1. The SEC Uniform Net Capital Rule (Rule 15c3-1) requires that Investors Capital maintain net capital of $100,000 and a ratio of specified aggregate indebtedness to net capital (a “net capital ratio”) not to exceed 15 to 1.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV