Activision shares, down 1% for the week, closed down 39 cents at $11.50.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison made a star appearance on Monday when he took the witness stand and valued SAP's software theft at $4 billion. SAP, however, claims that the damages are closer to $40 million, according to media reports.
Ellison, who got a notable mention in TheStreet's list of top tech tirades this week, was followed onto the witness stand by Oracle CFO Safra Catz on Monday. However, former SAP CEO Leo Apotheker, now in charge at HP, has not made an appearance in court, despite Oracle's attempts to force him to appear.Oracle shares closed down 25 cents, or 0.88%, at $28.32 on Friday. SAP's stock was down 41 cents, or 0.81%, at $50.29 at close of play.
Politics and technology both made the headlines this week as a result of President Obama's trip to Asia. Speaking in Mumbai on Monday, the president announced that the U.S. will be lifting controls on high-tech exports to India, a move which could potentially boost Silicon Valley. Tech experts were also digesting the recent midterm election results this week and looking forward to 2011, with net neutrality, China and alternative trade all looming large on the horizon. Tech's Week Ahead Tech earnings season is wrapping, but there are still a few heavyweights left to report. Tune into TheStreet Thursday, when Dell (DELL) will (hopefully) announce how sales of its first smartphones are faring. Small business bellwether and financial software provider Intuit (INTU) also reports. --Written by James Rogers in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV