SANTA CLARA, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Clearly, Intel (INTC) is not encountering the same economic woes that Cisco (CSCO) has talked about. The chipmaker has announced plans to raise its quarterly dividend by 15% to 18 cents, citing strong demand for its products.
Intel's shares climbed 29 cents, or 1.37%, to $21.50 in pre-market trading as investors reacted to the dividend raise.
"Intel remains on track to have our best year ever and we continue to generate strong cash flows," said Intel CEO Paul Otellini in a statement released before market open. "Our ongoing operational performance and confidence in our business going forward provide the ability to return more cash to shareholders."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV