Transition Therapeutics Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2011 Financial Results
TORONTO, Nov. 11, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transition Therapeutics Inc. ("Transition" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:TTHI) (TSX:TTH), a product-focused biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics for disease indications with large markets, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2010.
During the first quarter of fiscal 2011 and up to the date of this press release, the Company achieved the following significant milestones:ELND005 (AZD-103) – Alzheimer's Disease:
- On August 9, 2010, Elan and Transition announced topline summary results of a Phase II study and plans for Phase III for ELND005 (AZD-103). The study did not achieve significance on co-primary outcome measures (NTB and ADCS-ADL). The study identified a dose with acceptable safety and tolerability. This dose demonstrated a biological effect on amyloid-beta protein in the cerebrospinal fluid and effects on clinical endpoints in an exploratory analysis. Based on the preponderance of evidence, and input from the experts in this field, the companies intend to advance ELND005 (AZD-103) into Phase III studies. Also, Elan and Transition have agreed to work together to systematically explore all strategic, operational, and global options for the asset with the intent of maximizing the value of this innovative potential therapeutic.
- On September 17, 2010, Transition announced the clinical study of TT-223 in combination with a GLP-1 analogue did not meet study efficacy endpoints. Given these findings, there will be no further development of TT-223.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV