3. Hawkins (HWKN) makes and sells bulk and specialty chemicals. Its fiscal second-quarter profit inched up 2.5% to $6.8 million, or 66 cents a share, as revenue expanded 8.3% to $70 million. The operating margin contracted from 17% to 16%. Hawkins has $60 million of cash, equal to a quick ratio of 2.8, and no debt. Hawkins shares sell for a trailing earnings multiple of 16, a forward earnings multiple of 15, a book value multiple of 3, a sales multiple of 1.5 and a cash flow multiple of 14, 40%, 19%, 19%, 42% and 21% discounts to chemicals industry averages.
10 Small-Cap Stocks With Margin of Safety
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.