7. Village Super Market (VLGEA - Get Report) operates a ShopRite chain in New Jersey and Philadelphia. Its fiscal fourth-quarter profit gained 33% to $8.9 million, or 65 cents a share, as revenue grew 10% to $343 million. The operating margin expanded from 4.1% to 4.6%. Village has $69 million of cash and $42 million of debt, translating to a quick ratio of 0.9 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.2. Its stock sells for a forward earnings multiple of 14, a book value multiple of 2.1, and a cash flow multiple of 12, on par with peers. It pays a 3% dividend yield with a 53% payout ratio.
10 Small-Cap Stocks With Margin of Safety
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.