1. Ultratech (UTEK) makes photolithography and laser thermal processing equipment, used in scanners and semiconductors. Third-quarter profit more than quadrupled to $4.9 million, or 20 cents a share, as revenue climbed 52% to $38 million. The operating margin extended from 2.9% to 13%. Ultratech has $185 million of cash, converting to a lofty quick ratio of 4.4, and no debt. Its stock sells for a book value multiple of 2.1, a 46% discount to the semiconductor industry average. But, its forward earnings multiple of 16 reflects a 19% industry premium.
10 Small-Cap Stocks With Margin of Safety
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.