Ambac Policyholders Protest Bankruptcy Plan
NEW YORK(TheStreet) -- Ambac Assurance policyholders are concerned that they could lose billions of dollars in Ambac Financial Group's (ABK) bankruptcy restructuring plan favored by Wisconsin regulators.
A press release issued by the The RMBS Policyholders Group says that regulators favor a plan that would put Ambac's net operating losses on the insurance subsidiary's balance sheet. The plan for rehabilitation can be viewed on a website for Ambac Policy Holders. Ambac Assurance holds policies totaling about $57.6 billion.
"The Group is dismayed to discover that not only has the OCI failed in its statutory obligation to protect policyholders, but arranged behind closed doors with AFG, its management and creditors to strip policyholders of valuable assets," the press release says.
--Written by Maria Woehr in New York.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV