Bahrain Telecommunications Company, or Batelco, is the leading telecommunications operator in Bahrain, Jordan, Yemen and Kuwait. The stock trades on the Bahrain Stock Exchange under the ticker "BATELCO".
The Bahraini telecom market is well developed and highly competitive, with mobile penetration higher than 140%. There is strong competition in the domestic market. Batelco's overseas expansion, through strategic acquisitions and joint ventures, is helping it sustain top-line and bottom-line growth.
A key long-term growth driver will be its focus on growth opportunities through acquisitions in the North African and Asian markets. Given the higher per capita income in the regions Batelco operates, the increased uptake of value-added services (such as broadband and mobile content) will power growth going forward. During the first half of 2010, the company's active mobile subscriber base expanded 47% to 6.9 million, and broadband Internet users jumped 54% to 230,600. The stock is trading at over 8 times its estimated 2010 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV