Bahrain Telecommunications Company, or Batelco, is the leading telecommunications operator in Bahrain, Jordan, Yemen and Kuwait. The stock trades on the Bahrain Stock Exchange under the ticker "BATELCO".
The Bahraini telecom market is well developed and highly competitive, with mobile penetration higher than 140%. There is strong competition in the domestic market. Batelco's overseas expansion, through strategic acquisitions and joint ventures, is helping it sustain top-line and bottom-line growth.
A key long-term growth driver will be its focus on growth opportunities through acquisitions in the North African and Asian markets. Given the higher per capita income in the regions Batelco operates, the increased uptake of value-added services (such as broadband and mobile content) will power growth going forward. During the first half of 2010, the company's active mobile subscriber base expanded 47% to 6.9 million, and broadband Internet users jumped 54% to 230,600. The stock is trading at over 8 times its estimated 2010 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV