Vodafone Qatar (VFQS) is a Qatar-based telecommunications company engaged in the cellular mobile telecommunication services and the sale of mobile-related equipment and accessories. The stock trades on the Doha Stock Exchange.
The company has a 19% market share and a customer base of half a million subscribers. A unit of telecom major Vodafone Group, the company stands to gain from the parent company's experience, expertise and discount rates provided by suppliers on network equipment, IT services and handsets.
The introduction of mobile number portability is expected to benefit Vodafone Qatar in terms of market share, subject to enhancing its network quality. Analysts at JP Morgan Cazenove expect the company to turn earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization positive in the second quarter of fiscal 2011, on a 21% revenue growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV