Qatar Telecom (QTEL) is a Qatar-based diversified telecommunications company offering services in Qatar and wireless telecommunication services in Asia, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. The stock trades on the Doha Stock Exchange.
Qtel is planning to expand its operations in Saudi Arabia and Tunisia through its subsidiary Wataniya Telecom. The company operates in 17 countries and is planning to expand into other markets to mitigate the loss of its domination after Vodafone Qatar, a unit of the Vodafone Group (VOD), entered the Qatari market.
Recently, Qatar Telecom raised $2.75 billion in bonds to refinance its existing $3 billion term loan due in 2012, which will improve its profitability. In a conference call after the third-quarter results, the company said that it would meet its revenue and EBITDA guidance of 5% to 10% for the full year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV