Magnetek Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2011 Results
Magnetek, Inc. (NYSE: MAG):
- Net sales for Q1 FY 2011 increased 40% to $24.9 million from Q1 of FY 2010.
- Q1 FY 2011 continuing operations EPS of $0.02 per share compared to a prior year Q1 loss from continuing operations of $.05 per share.
- Cash balances increased $1.7 million during Q1 of FY 2011 to nearly $10 million after contributing $2.4 million to pension plan.
- Served markets continue to recover, with Q1 FY 2011 bookings of $24.9 million, a 32% increase over Q1 FY 2010. Order backlog as of October 3, 2010, was $22.8 million, a 113% increase over last year.
Magnetek, Inc. (“Magnetek” or “the Company”)(NYSE: MAG) today reported the results of its 2011 fiscal first quarter ended October 3, 2011.
First Quarter Results
In its first quarter of fiscal 2011, Magnetek recorded revenue of $24.9 million, a 40% increase from the first quarter of fiscal 2010 and a 2% sequential increase from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010. The increase in sales from the prior year quarter reflects sales growth in each of the Company’s major served markets, as well as significant year-over-year sales growth in its renewable energy product line. Based on the increased sales volume, the Company regained profitability in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. Note that the first quarter of fiscal 2011 contained 14 weeks, whereas both the first and fourth quarters of fiscal 2010 each contained 13 weeks.“Our first quarter was highlighted by strong bookings and sales, solid gross margin achievement, and a continued focus on profitability and cash flow. Our end markets continued to recover during the quarter, as evidenced by a strong book to bill ratio for products with material handling applications, our largest served market. Each of our primary served markets experienced a sales increase over prior year first quarter levels, led by sales of wind inverters for renewable energy applications. Wind inverter sales comprised nearly 20% of our first quarter revenue, validating our belief that renewable energy markets present our greatest near-term growth opportunities. We’re pleased that on a number of fronts we were able to build on the positive momentum we established last quarter,” said Peter McCormick, Magnetek’s president and chief executive officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV