- Braskem's thermoplastic resin sales of 934 ktons in the domestic market, up 17% from 2Q10.
- Operating rate for the crackers in the quarter was over 90% for the first time since the consolidation of the Quattor assets.
- Start up of the Green Ethylene plant at the Triunfo petrochemical complex, which has annual production capacity of 200 ktons, led Braskem to become the global leader in biopolymers.
- Braskem advanced its strategy to become a global leader in sustainable chemicals and announced a project to produce Green Polypropylene at K Fair, one of the most important events in the plastic industry.
- Braskem entered into an agreement with Laboratorio Nacional de Biociencias located in Campinas to develop technologies for the production of polymers from renewable raw materials that are competitive, cost-effective and efficiently sequester carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- Braskem's net debt/EBITDA ratio reached 2.63x, declining 7% from 2Q10.
- Braskem concluded another phase of its financial strategy in October by raising US$450 million in perpetual bonds with a coupon of 7.375% p.a., lengthening its pro-forma average debt term to 11.9 years.
- The Economic Oversight Department of the Ministry of Finance and the Economic Law Department of the Ministry of Justice recommended to the Brazil's anti-trust authority the unqualified approval of the acquisition of Quattor.
- Seeking to increase its proximity to Clients and better understand their needs, Braskem expands its global presence by inaugurating a commercial office in Colombia and preparing to open new commercial offices in Singapore and Peru.
- For the second time, Braskem received the Guia Exame Sustainability award by figuring among the 20 most sustainable companies in Brazil. The awards ceremony was held on November 10.
Braskem Announces Net Income Of R$ 554 Million In 3Q10
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.