Ultrapetrol Reports Financial Results For Third Quarter 2010
NASSAU, Bahamas, Nov. 10, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ultrapetrol (Bahamas) Limited (Nasdaq:ULTR), an industrial transportation company serving marine transportation needs in three markets (River Business, Offshore Supply Business and Ocean Business), today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010.
- Recorded revenues of $58.6 million in the third quarter 2010;
- Recorded adjusted consolidated EBITDA 1 of $14.0 million for the third quarter of 2010; and
- Recorded total adjusted net loss 1 and adjusted loss per share 1 of $2.5 million and $0.08, respectively, in the third quarter of 2010 which includes the effect of a realized net gain on FFAs of $1.3 million in the third quarter of 2010 (accounted for in the first quarter of 2010), excludes a $2.0 million income tax loss for unrealized foreign exchange rate gains on U.S. dollar-denominated debt of our Brazilian subsidiary in the Offshore Supply Business, and excludes the effect of a payment of $1.3 million made to the tax authorities of Paraguay in full settlement of a claim pertaining to years 2002 to 2004.
- For the first nine months of 2010, revenues totaled $173.4 million, adjusted consolidated EBITDA totaled $51.3 million and adjusted net income and corresponding earnings per share were $3.5 million and $0.12, respectively.
Felipe Menendez, Ultrapetrol's President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "During the third quarter, Ultrapetrol achieved strong growth in its River and Offshore Supply businesses while taking steps to position its Ocean Business for future growth."In the River Business, volumes increased 21% as we transported significantly more iron ore cargoes, consistent with our expectations. In addition, third quarter and nine-months segment adjusted EBITDA in the River Business grew more than five and six times respectively. We believe that this growth was a direct result of the Company's efficiency initiatives focused on operating an increased number of new barges, utilizing larger and more efficient engines and transporting a better mix of cargoes."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV